Monday, April 23, 2007

boozehag!

Hello one & all how the hell are you?? Have managed to catch up with a lot of you on bebo or facebook to see how you are hanging these days,,.! How are you? How have you been? Do tell!
Anyways this week has been hectic for me, but a lot of fun! I have had 2 different couchsurfers staying. One from Amsterdam & one from the states! It was a good time, one of the girls(the one from Amsterdam) came to exhibit her work in a art expo thing in Brick Lane so that was really nice & inspiring, afterwards we just hung around the area, I really like it a lot around there but since its on the other side of town, don’t end up going there often lol...…On tues we played netball, The team we were meant to play never turned up so we were basically playing this other team who were really good. I ended up playing C as I had a nut at Sam who was playing C because he was going to fast, said we needed to play our lol…own game And he made me play but I really enjoyed it actually although I don’t think I would be the 1st choice for a serious game. I was so tired running up and down!! We got our ass whipped!!!!! Afterwards we went & had some shisah & falafel on Edgware road….. On the Weds night a lot of us got together to support Ramona with her art exhibition & just hung around that area, it’s a really nice area & it was a lot of fun. I debated not going to work on Thurs but managed to get myself out of bed lol. I ended up taking Fri off as it was such a sunny day and I really needed a mental health day as they call them here :) It was really nice, I had the Cser from US (Minesota, not sure if that’s how you spell it) with me. She's really nice & a total oxymoron! But she is really fun, we just walked a lot around the south bank & hung out, ended up having drinks with Nim on the Queen Mary (Big docked ship which is a bar, have been meaning to see how it is for ages…) But then once the sun went down it was freezing! Turns out there isn't much inside area but just a lot of outside area with the Thames air hitting you it isn't so nice lol! Saturday was the Anzac comp a big sports day with rugby touch, aussie rules, netball etc Australia vs NZ to see who is the best sporting nation :) overall.... A good day all around, the weather was amazing, there were a lot of beetroot people walking around at the end of the day. Australia(my team) got wasted by NZ…Lol, there was a huge mixup with the guy that organised the team as he thought I was an aussie(hes a saffa) and I just assumed it was a NZ.. So I ended up playing for Australia!! We played really well last year but this time with the final.. It was a terrible game, 2 of our players hadn't been to sleep from the night before and everyone else wasn’t that well rested even if they had slept. The NZ team showed up in a wall of black & we didn’t even have the same colour t-shirts on. I was taking the piss & wearing one of those outback hats with sunnies… (I won it at the walkie lol). After we lost I quickly jumped off and grabbed my NZ flag courtesy of chessa and starting cheering for the Kiwis for the girls netball games…Everyone was a little confused as I had just played for Aussie! and I think I was on the Aussie supporter side though as that is where we had dumped our stuff and it ended up being a screaming match between me & about 20 aussies lol :)… Although their voice power won out in the end I am now losing my voice!! After the netball game to be honest I couldn’t really work out the score for anything else as it all became mixed up in a haze of conversation and speights in the sun…., but from what I gather NZ won the overall day… Managed to score a free pie for being a player so that was pretty exciting!!!! Haven't had a pie in ages.. Was a weird sight to see about 20ppl all munching in silence on pies with an occasional aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh in the middle…Spent the day lazy in the sun, running into randoms, ran into Ben Doyle as well after hearing from Charlotte that he was here…. Told me all the Goss from home so was a good crack! Cant believe has just arrived & I have to go home soon. Am totally gutted lol!!! But I'm sure that Ill be back! Ended up going home about 8ish as I was knackered lol… Naomi the Cser from Us cooked us a yummy vege lasange! Mmmmmmmm. Sunday I ended up going to the church. (Sunday day club) as we had got tickets for playing the day before… Everyone in the team thought they were too cool to go to the hideously classy club..(by classy I actually mean hideously trashy) Think ballardy music, weird totally unPC comedian, too many pissed people and a stripper who im sure I wasn’t imagining it stuck a marshmellow up her twat!!(too much information I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) Anyways I said that I would take the tickets so I took along a few of my friends and a few of their friends… Was a good day, afterwards we headed to eat chinese at Chopchop and then to the walkie to dance the nightaway!!! So at the moment my body totally hates me and wants to curl up into a little ball & go to sleep!!! But im at work pretending to work.. (Well I am actually working inbetween writing all this!)
I cant believe that time has gone so fast! I have just over 7 weeks left to shake my stuff in Londontown! Although this week is going to definitely be a detox week!!!
Havent really got any plans except for going to Rome on the 31st for a few days.. That’s my last hurah really. Am heading off to South America again for 3 months to do a study/trek on the indigeous people and then back to my host family for 1 month… After that a little travel before I get back to NZ 10 Sept.. Will be crashing with Chessa in Wellies so it should be all good in the hood! Looking forward to coming home.. Just to see whats the haps..
Anyways ive run out of steam! I hope that you are keeping well!!! Xxxxoooooo
Love you a million.

1 comment:

Pru said...

hey there

i've been reading your blog for a while and I think you would be great for a new network of working traveller blogs we are setting up. It's going to be called BigOE and it will basically be a collection of blogs from Aussies, New Zealanders, Canadians, South Africans etc who are working/travelling in the UK. People will be able to view posts from lots of different blogs, make comments, vote for their favourties etc. We haven't launched it yet - but hopefully will be soon and we'd love to get you involved. If you'd like to know some more information if you're interested - send me an email at bigoe.net@gmail.com or you can visit my own blog http://www.bigoe.blogspot.com and leave a message for me.

Hopefully hear from you soon,

Pru