Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Silver....ferns.....netball



Am tired!!! Arrived back from Birmingham about 1.30 last night where we ventured down to watch the Silverferns play Aussie…. I was really excited going down(John drove) and although I havent watched any international Netball on TV or otherwise it was still nice to see some of the old favourites such as Temapara George & Irene Van Dyke playing. Although I must say Irene was outclassed by new GA girl who I cant for the life of me think of her name right now… The Aussies also played a much smarter game with short sharp passes where as we played a lot of unsure passes & the marking from Aussie was fabulous… Although I still cant understand how we don’t get away with a lot of things that they were doing! :) It would never work for us. Such as catching the ball in the air before you actually land! :)
It was sadly a disapointing game, NZ lost by 4 in the end and although they had moments of brilliance they always seemed to throw it away when they had a chance to get ahead…..I was highly emotional swearing & cussing at our team(and a few loud go kiwis thrown in the mix) the english sitting around me were a little confused…..
Although one of the FUNNIEST thing I have ever seen at a netball match. The England A vs. England game was stopped for a good 15mins as there was water leaking from the ceiling!!!!!! Hahahahha, no one knew how to fix the problem so they just sent these ball girls out to the court to wipe everytime a drip dropped. I think in the end it stopped raining so they could resume play… Highly amusing!
Am exhausted today, trying to haggle with our landlord over our bond as he doesn’t think that we have given him enough notice! So ridiculously stupid really! Just unecesary tiredness! Anyways am going to play a quick game at 6.30 then head home to eat & sleep…. Have tuckered myself out!

1 comment:

Pru said...

hey - i think i left a message for you on your other blog? (it looked different anyhows??). Anyways, we're launching a new BigOE project and I was wondering if you want to get involved? (cause we like your blog:) Check it out at http://bigoe.net and send me an email if you want to know more - bigoe.net@googlemail.com
Hope to hear from you soon!

PS thanks for your message on my blog :)