Monday, December 18, 2006

Madrid



Well I just got back from my weekend in Madrid and I loved it. It was the total opposite of when I was there last summer. American tourists were replaced with spanish tourists & spanish locals toting wigs (pelucas) & masks. The unbearable heat was replaced with a cold chill but the sun was a nice relief. As I feel like I havent had sun touch my face in what feels like months in London. The sightseeing trek was replaced with more coffees and tapas and delicious food overall. (perfect for a real foodie) and speaking with random spanish people. I just had a wonderful weekend just what I needed.

I have always found travelling relaxing, from the moment I get into the airport I feel like im at home. I feel calm waiting for my flight and love the time out on the flight where you cant really be interupted by normal life for a few hours. I love just knowing the way that airports work and how to get from A-B.
However as my flight left rather early in the morning for luton. As I live rather close to Brent Cross & a night bus goes there I decided to catch the green line from there. But ive never found anything harder to find than that greenline bus stop! I ended up wandering around all these random bridges and underpasses trying to find it! In the end I rung up TFL and I really want to put this out there. They were so amazingly helpful unlike ever before! I just wanted to hug the guy when he told me where the bus stop was even though it wasn’t a TFL bus. So go TFL!

The day I arrived I found the girls camped out in this cute little cafĂ©/coffeeshop/bar. It was nice, we walked around Madrid etc that day and took off to Salamanca. Salamanca is gorgeous! I loved it. I think the people were just so friendly & I had such a good time! But I don’t mean to go on too much!
X
Sending holiday wishes home to everyone everywhere. x

No comments: