Tuesday, December 19, 2006

sending you my letter home.

Good morning my querida family, friends & randoms conocidos that are receiving this email :)
Just sending you out the thoughts and hugs, kisses, imaginary presents that I have to give! Wishing you a merry xmas and a fabulous new year! I Hope that you really do enjoy the warmer weather that there is to offer if your in the sun! BBQs and please someone eat a packet of twist

I hope that you have a marvelous xmas. I have been troubled by thoughts lately that I possibly placed my parcels & xmas cards in the wrong bag when I went to the post office, (so typical of me, spend the money to send them home & stick them in the wrong bag!) SO it would be really nice to know if you or you hear of anyone receiving theirs. Just to calm me. I sent them last Wednesday.

Xmas life here is hectic. You can hardley move in central london for all the shoppers etc. Traffic basically come to a standstill & you would not believe the amount of tourists that there are! behind that all it is still nice. People are giving out free cups of coffee & tea & hot chocolates in the morning outside the tube which is really nice! I really love having a hot drink to start me off in the morning, It really is getting to be really freezing here. Everywhere is cold. They have this amazing thing they call central heating but as far as I can see its just a load of crock really. No place I have been it works properly! (true story!!!) Its either so hot that you are going to suffocate (much better in some ways) or you feel on slightly hotter than you would outside….

How are things on your side of the world? I hope that they are not too cold! Global warming can be a bitch right? I am looking forward to this Friday so I can go to Finland yayayayyay! Another white xmas… Although I didn’t ask if its snowing…..It was funny because I was talking with sis yesterday about what I should wear and she was all like. Warm clothes but its not that cold this year, its only -5deg. I was like, you do know that in NZ it would NEVER EVER GET THAT COLD! So wish me luck! |ts out in the country so it will just be hugely relaxing and hanging out with Eeva & her family. I cant wait to go! I fly out quite early in the morning but still late enough to have sufficient sleep. I think it’s the 1st time ive ever actually had a sensible flight! I mean I normally fly out at like 6 in the morning and back like 1ish… Cheap flights :) which just means that you have to gt up at 3 in the morning or stay up until 3 in the mornnig to get there on time…

Madrid was really nice, as I have been there before it was more about tapas/drinks/cafes all the things that I really enjoy! And everytime I go back to spain I just want to move there! Mum if you ever do go to live there im definitely coming. Its amazing the difference in temperature from the summer to the winter! In summer the temps are around 45degs. But they were around more like 0deg this time. Summer was unbearable. But I found this weather really nice. Although temps were colder than london there was still sun which you don’t really see in London.

Anyway ive been babbling on about nothing really. I really hope that you all have a fabulous xmas and new year and eat loads of yummy nz food! X

Gabrielle

To everyone that’s also away from home have a great xmas whatever your doing eat drink & be merry!

No comments: